Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Inspirations



A Rainy Afternoon in Temple....and after surfing over other friends' and families' blogs I was inspired for the first time to set up one of my own. As a musician, I rarely express my creativity or inspirations in a written format. My musical improvisations come so easily to me when I sit at a piano, but this format of expressing oneself is somewhat foreign to me. I will see what happens with this effort.






So far since May 15, we've been really busy with graduations, weddings, birthdays and baby showers in our family. I've had the wonderful blessing of seeing my own daughter graduate with high honors from Marymount Manhattan College in NYC. She's been my inspiration for so many years to keep pushing myself to do better. As a young single mother, struggling with many setbacks, I would feel so discouraged, but the bright-eyed toddler in front of me with the mischeivous grin always snapped me out of the dumps and gave me strength to keep going. Now I see her as a beautiful young woman and feel humbled that God allowed me the privilege to be her mom. I recently wrote a song for her. If I could figure out how to include it, then I will add it in.






Life can be overwhelmingly busy, but on this rainy afternoon, it's been nice to have a quiet interlude of sweet memories and reflections.












1 comment:

bunnytrails said...

Hi Sharon! I really look forward to reading your blog, as well as Janice's. It really is a creative outlet in a different sort of way. You are off to a great start!